Two of my friends wanted to do snow dyes, so we started the process yesterday..... I decided to let them use the mesh platform and just place my fabric in the bottom of a bin. When the snow melted, the dye liquid was very murky but I wasn't worried.... and am very pleased with the results.
Top left: accordion folded fabric, then folded in half.
Top right: scrunched
Bottom left: gently folded then twisted into spiral
Bottom right: scrunched
Colors used: Fire Red, Cerulean Blue, Golden Yellow, and Moss Green (Procion MX).
The blues are still an issue... they need more heat. But I got better blues than with the turquoise.
OK, this is totally addicting!