Last weekend, I started dyeing fabrics for a new project. Being in a new office building certainly requires a new quilt (at least in my mind!)... and since our focus walls are a warm grey/blue, I want to bring some yellow in for a pop of color.
The gradation was supposed to be more yellow based but the red and blue overran the yellow in a big way! The photo shows 20 gradations, but no yellow to be found, even though it was the base of each mix.
Back to the dye pots today.... more yellow, less red and blue. Actually the colors are great, but not what I intended ... oh, yeah, they will get used....
My last big dye run (20 yards) is finally almost used up. With the help of a friend, we dyed 20 yards of blue yellow gradations for my labyrinth quilt.... this year, our guild had a mystery quilt and I used most of the leftovers to create "Green Nebula" -- 66 x 66" and I thought I would never finish it! Its hanging at the county fair right now, then it will be for sale.