Sunday, September 16, 2007

Starting out...

Since many of the free photosites are disappearing, and the ones taking their place do not allow remote hosting, I guess its time to jump into the world of blogs. So many friends ask to see my quilts that an online forum to display them makes sense. Plus, I may find the time to post musings as I walk thru the world. My latest project is an apron and potholder set for a friend on another online community. Names were drawn for a Creativity Swap and while I won't now divulge who gets my gift, I know who it is and I know she'll love it.
It is done with Lemoyne Stars, created with Marti Michel templates (set E) and a variety of cottons. The green leaves are fused and appliqued, the rest is pieced. The potholder has two layers of Insul-Bright (made by the Warm Company) and machine quilted. The star actually became almost a trapunto look!
Now back to quilting...

No comments: